The type of carpet you use in either your living room or bedroom contributes largely to the feeling of comfort or warmth. This is most especially true for the carpet color you choose to go with.
Are you looking to change the feel of your living room or bedroom and don't know where to start? Then keep reading to find out the necessary steps to take.
In this post, we will dive into the five common carpet colors to choose from, thus narrowing down the numerous color choices. Are you wondering how to choose a carpet? We will find out together how to choose the right carpet colors according to your home interior.
The Most Common Carpet Colors
There are five common colors categories to choose from:
- Neutral tones
- Vibrant and bold colors
- Earthy Greens
1. Neutral Tones: Cream, Taupe and Beige
Neutral tones are classic, some of the best carpet colors for bedrooms. They are flexible, making them the most popular carpet color for many homes. Taupe, cream, and beige rugs go well with both traditional and modern design elements and are simple to incorporate into any space.
Benefits of Neutral Tones
- Versatility: These hues are a versatile option for any room because they go well with any color scheme. This way, you're not limited to the color of accessories and sofas.
- Appealing throughout all time: Neutral colors are timeless and always trending.
- Simple upkeep: Beige, cream, and taupe in lighter tones are less prone to reveal stains and dirt. This comes in handy if you have pets or younger children.
2. Grays: Color Gray Vs Warm Gray
Gray rugs have grown in popularity as a preferred choice for living room carpet colors. This is mostly due to their adaptability and modern appeal. Warm grays have a yellow, brown, or red undertone, whereas cool grays have an undertone that is blue, purple, or green.
A gray rug with a cool touch, like French Silver PPU18-05, will make your room feel lighter, airier, and more comfortable. On the other hand, warm grays like Chic Gray PPU26-10 make the ideal backdrop for a homey, rustic, and elegant atmosphere.
Benefits of Grays
- Up to trend: Gray tones have a modern, sleek appearance that suits a variety of design styles, giving them a contemporary appeal.
- Versatility: These hues work well with a variety of materials and colors, providing a neutral foundation for different design elements.
- Not prone to dirt: Grays are ideal for high-traffic areas because, like other neutral tones, they are less prone to reveal dirt and stains.
3. Bright and Bold Colors: Sapphire, Teal or Red
Ruby, Teal, and sapphire are a few vivid and striking hues that can dramatically alter the look of your living space. These colors quickly improve the ambiance of any room and go well with a variety of design aesthetics, including eclectic and glam.
Benefits of Bold and Bright Colors
- Bold touch: Vibrant and strikingly colored rugs serve as a dramatic focal point in any room, attracting attention and enhancing the aesthetic.
- Feels luxurious: The deep, saturated colors give off an air of wealth and elegance.
- Bold colors provide you with the opportunity to exhibit your distinctive style and flair in interior design.
4. Warm to Cool
Any space may feel fresh, open, and expansive with white rugs. You may select the ideal white rug to match your environment thanks to the variety of hues of white that are available, such as Ivory, eggshell white, cream, and snow white, among others.
Benefits of Whites:
- Freshness feels enhancer: White rugs may give any space a feeling of cleanliness, freshness, and space.
- Adaptability: White rugs are simple to work into a variety of design themes and color palettes.
- All-time trend: White has a timeless appeal since it is a traditional color that will never go out of season.
5. Earthy Greens: Moss, Sage and Olive
Warm and inviting, earthy green tones are perfect for making your house feel snug and comfortable. These colors can be modified to fit numerous design concepts and look great in interiors with a rustic, bohemian, or natural theme.
Benefits of Earthy Green Rugs
- A feel of nature: Earthy greens can provide a feeling of the great outdoors in your home, fostering a restful and relaxing atmosphere.
- Versatility: When combined with neutral tones or complementary hues, these shades can be effortlessly incorporated into a variety of design styles and color palettes.
- Trendy: Earthy greens, like other traditional colors, never go out of style or become outdated.
Now that you are more familiar with the main color classifications, the next challenge is deciding how to choose a specific shade in accordance with under the intended space design.
Make sure the rug color you select for your living room blends in with the existing color scheme. Consider the colors of your room's furnishings, decorations, and walls.
Generally speaking, pick a rug that is in proportion to the size of your living room and the number of furnishings that are already there. If you still have any problems settling for the best shade, be sure to check out some of our collections by visiting our website today.