Hello, fellow rug enthusiasts! Welcome to Kuden Rugs‚ where we specialize in providing a cozy corner for you to maintain the excellent condition of your beloved area rugs. You might assume you don't have to do anything special to maintain your area rugs, but it's smart to get them cleaned regularly. Protecting a rug is very important as it will help it last longer and look great.
Our team of professionals is equipped with the knowledge and expertise to provide you with valuable tips on how to effectively clean your area rugs٫ regardless of their material or size.
Grab your go-to cleaning supplies, and let's get started on bringing your rugs back to life!
How To Clean an Area Rug at Home
Some folks believe that you have to take rugs to a dry cleaner for an expert cleaning, but honestly‚ most rugs can be cleaned just as easily at home. Giving your rugs a deep clean is totally worth it! Not only will it make them look vibrant, but it'll also keep them smelling fresh . So, go ahead and tackle this chore!
You should try to give your area rugs a good deep clean about 2-3 times a year. Here is how you do it.
- First, vacuum the rug like you normally would.
- Next, you take that rug outside and give it a good shake.
- If the rug is too big to shake, hang it over a railing or clothing line and give it a good smack on the back to get rid of the dirt.
- Hang the rug or lie it flat on a driveway and spray it with water until it is wet but not saturated.
- Alright, now it is time to grab the right detergent to give that rug a good cleaning!
- Using your hands or a brush, work the detergent into the pile, going in the direction of the fibers.
- Next, you will want to give the rug a good rinse to get rid of any soap residue.
- Now grab an old towel and give it a good blotting. Or, if you have got a wet/dry vacuum lying around, you can use that to suck up as much water as you can.
- Hang up the rug and let it dry in the air until it is completely dry.
How to Clean a Big Area Rug
Cleaning certain area rugs can be quite challenging due to their large size, which makes it difficult to move them around easily. The simplest way to tackle such a task is to ask a friend to help you out. Suppose you lack the necessary outdoor space to clean a large area rug effectively; visit a nearby car wash. There‚ you can conveniently utilize the self-service tools available to clean and shampoo your area rug without any hassle.
How to Clean a Wool Area Rug
Wool rugs are renowned for their cozy and sophisticated appeal and necessitate specific attention when it comes to maintenance. If you own a pure woolen rug or a sheepskin, it is important to provide some extra care to maintain its appearance.
Natural fibers like these require special attention to ensure they stay in good condition. Fortunately, our team of professionals is well-versed in the various techniques required to maintain the pristine condition of your wool rug. Follow these tips, and you will thank us later:
- Two to four times per month, vacuum your rug's top with the beater bar off.
- Vacuum your rug's back every two months.
- Every two months, take the rug outside and shake or beat it.
- Rotate your rug every six months to stop uneven fading and wear.
- Immediately spot-clean any spills or stains.
- Consistently employ wool-safe detergents and avoid soaking wool rugs.
If you want to keep your wool rug looking great‚ regular upkeep is key. But if you need a deep clean٫, it's best to call in a pro. They possess the specialized tools to clean the wool fibers without causing any damage.
How To Clean a Jute Area Rug
To clean a jute area rug properly, you have to be gentle. Jute is a natural fiber that can become delicate when exposed to moisture and harsh cleaning techniques. So, handle it carefully!
With that in mind, here are six straightforward tips for cleaning a jute area rug:
- Vacuum your jute rug regularly to get rid of any loose dirt and dust. To avoid damaging the fibers‚ make sure to use a vacuum with a brushless or adjustable beater bar.
- Keep your rug looking fresh by giving it a spin every 6-12 months, especially in those busy spots.
- Just make sure to quickly blot any spills or stains with a clean, dry cloth so they don't leave a stubborn mark. Don't rub.
- To tackle dry dirt and stains, sprinkle a little baking soda or cornstarch. Just sprinkle it on the stain, let it sit for a bit, and then shake or brush it off.
- If you need to, you can use a mild soap and water mixture to spot clean. Make sure to test it on a hidden spot first to avoid any potential discoloration.
- After cleaning, make sure the rug dries all the way in a place with good airflow. That way‚ you won't have to worry about any mold or mildew. Once it's dry, give the fibers a fluff with a soft-bristle brush.
How To Clean An Area Rug With A Carpet Cleaner
A carpet cleaner can be an absolute godsend if your area rug is exceptionally dirty or has some stains that are particularly difficult to remove. Simply be sure to follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer and pick a carpet cleaner that is designed for the material that your rug is made of.
Before applying the cleaner to the entire rug, you should check its effectiveness on a hidden test area first. All you need to do is make sure that it won't muddle the colors or the fibers in any way.
Bottom Line: What is The Best Way To Clean an Area Rug?
The best way to clean your area rug depends on its material, size, and the extent of dirt or stains. In general‚ a regular cleaning routine that includes vacuuming and spot cleaning can go a long way in maintaining your rug's beauty. For a thorough cleanse, refer to the steps previously outlined in this guide. Doing all this will make sure your rug stays looking clean‚ fresh and inviting.
Transform your home with Kuden Rugs! Check out our amazing collections of rugs and find the perfect one for your space. We'll help you keep your rugs looking inviting and gorgeous. Shop now and feel the coziness and style that Kuden Rugs bring!